Jo Swinson MP is looking for a diligent and friendly individual to fill the role of Personal Assistant in her constituency office. The role is permanent, based on a working week of 40 hours, although this can be negotiated for the right candidate. The position is based within a lively and dynamic team in Jo’s constituency office in Bishopbriggs, a short train journey from Glasgow city centre.
Salary: £16,478 - £24,478 pro-rata dependent on experience.
For more information on IPSA pay scales: http://www.w4mp.org/library/guides/researchguides/your-employment-status/staff-salary-scales/
The successful candidate will:
- Be experienced in diary management
- Have excellent organisation skills and excel working under pressure
- Be confident in communicating with a range of people by telephone and email
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Be competent in use of IT.
- Diary management
- Assisting with arrangements for events
- Handling administrating arrangements for meetings
- Opening and dispatching mail
- Photocopying, filing, and record-keeping
- Providing administrative support to other members of the team
- Responding to enquiries by telephone and email.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info.
We welcome applications from a diversity of backgrounds, and to prevent discrimination your name and school will be blanked out before short listing. We are also happy to discuss flexible working.
Applicants selected for interview will be required to complete a task prior to being interviewed. To apply please send your CV and a hand-written covering letter explaining why you would be suitable for this position to: Jo Swinson MP, Unit 44c, Huntershill Village, 102 Crowhill Road, Bishopbriggs, G64 4AS.
Closing date: Tuesday 6th February
Interview date: Tuesday 13th February