Office Manager (Full time, permanent)
Jo Swinson MP is looking for an enthusiastic, organised, and hard-working individual to join her constituency team as Office Manager.
The role is offered on a full-time permanent basis in Jo’s constituency office in Bishopbriggs, just outside Glasgow city centre. We are happy to discuss flexible working.
The ideal candidate will have experience in overseeing staff and the the day-to-day running of an office. Experience in a parliamentary office is preferred but not required.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in a management role and working in a small team
- The ability to empathise when dealing with members of the public
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- The ability to work pro-actively, managing and prioritising own workload whilst supervising others
- Excellent IT and administrative skills, including some budget management experience
- Overall management of the day-to-day running of the office
- Line management of the constituency office team
- Overseeing the management of the Member’s diary in the constituency and Westminster
- Overseeing casework, ensuring that queries from constituents are responded to appropriately and in a timely way, and recorded in line with data protection principles
- Management of the office budget, recruitment and HR procedures
- A full range of administrative support, including telephone and visitor enquiries and responding to emails and letters
- Supporting the Member’s parliamentary activities, co-ordinating communications with other members of the team
Salary: £27,815 - £30,000 (information on IPSA payscales is available here)
Closing Date: Friday 17th May at noon.
Interview/Start Dates: Interviews will be held on Friday 24th May.
We welcome applications from all backgrounds, especially those under-represented in politics and public life, and to prevent discrimination your name and school will be blanked out before short listing. If you require any reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process or have any questions about the role, please contact Laura Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply please send your CV and a cover letter explaining why you would be suitable for this position to: Jo Swinson MP, 44c Huntershill Village, 102 Crowhill Road, Bishopbriggs, G64 1RP.