Caseworker (Part-time – 16 hours)
An empathetic, organised, highly efficient individual is sought to join the constituency office of Jo Swinson MP as a Caseworker. The role is offered on a part-time basis, with flexible working available. The position is based within a lively and dynamic team in Jo’s constituency office in Bishopbriggs, a short train or bus journey from Glasgow city centre.
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales (£19,641 pro-rata)
The successful candidate will:
- Have excellent written English skills
- Be able to produce a high volume of accurate letter drafts under time pressure
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Be competent in use of IT
- Be a strong communicator who is able to empathise with others
- Drafting correspondence
- Dealing with daily queries from members of the public by phone or in person, and taking the appropriate initial action to resolve, document or escalate their concerns or enquiries
- Providing advice and support to constituents on a variety of issues, through liaison with Government agencies, the local Council and others
- Keeping accurate records, in line with Data Protection and principles
- Undertaking general administrative/secretarial tasks
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info.
We welcome applications from a diversity of backgrounds, and to prevent discrimination your name and school will be blanked out before short listing.
The closing date for applicants is Friday 26th April 2019 at 12noon. Interviews will be held on Wednesday 1st May. Applicants selected for interview will be required to complete a short task prior to being interviewed.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Laura Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply please send your CV and a hand-written covering letter explaining why you would be suitable for this position to: Jo Swinson MP, 44c Huntershill Village, 102 Crowhill Road, Bishopbriggs, G64 1RP.