Local MP Jo Swinson MP wants Lenzie area residents to be aware of the extension to the Post Office consultation on proposed changes to the branch on Kirkintilloch Road. The consultation will now run until 11 June 2013. The extension comes after issues surrounding technical and supporting data were highlighted.
The proposal would see the current Post Office branch converted to a new local style branch within the Scotmid Co-op at 6-8 Gallowhill Road. The Post Office is also proposing to extend the opening hours to 06:30-22:00 during the week and 07:00-22:00 on Saturdays and Sundays.
The Post Office would like to hear views on the following:
- How suitable you think the new location and premises are and how easy is it to get there?
- Are the new premises easy for you to get into and is the inside easily accessible?
- Do you have any concerns about the new location?
- If so, do you have any suggestions which could make it better for you?
- Any local community issues which you think could be affected by the proposed move
- Anything you particularly like about the proposed change
The consultation is running from 5 April to 11 June 2013 and correspondence can be sent by post with ‘FREEPOST – Your Comments’ written on the envelope, via email at email@example.com or using an online form atwww.postofficeviews.co.uk and entering the code for the branch 21385599.
Commenting, Jo said:
“Those who have already input into the consultation do not have to re-submit their information.
“Local residents who may be affected now have even more time to have their voices heard and to take part in the consultation.”