Jo Swinson calls for gas safety in the home


Jo recommends gas appliance servicing by a CORGI-registered installer

Jo Swinson MP has called on constituents to protect themselves and their families by making a New Year’s Resolution to play it safe with gas in 2006.

Every year, an estimated 30 people nationwide are killed by carbon monoxide due to faulty appliances in the home, with hundreds more hospitalized. This figure often rises as a result of particularly cold winters.

CORGI, the Council of Registered Gas Installers, and the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA) will jointly launch an advertising campaign this month, warning people of the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning in the home.

Jo commented:

“Carbon monoxide can be a silent killer in the home, but its effects are entirely preventable.

“This campaign aims to ensure that people have their gas appliances checked by a CORGI-registered installer in 2006. Simply by servicing gas appliances regularly, people can take an important step towards protecting themselves against the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning. I would encourage all my constituents to get their gas appliances checked this year.

“For more information on how to ensure appliances are checked by a registered engineer, contact CORGI on 0870 401 2300, or visit www.corgi-gas-safety.com.”

Related Links


Share this post on social media:

Sign in with Facebook, Twitter or Email.