Jo Swinson MP for East Dunbartonshire is calling on local residents to get involved in a consultation run by the Post Office on proposed changes to the Lenzie branch on Kirkintilloch Road. The Post Office proposals, with the subpostmaster’s agreement, include moving the branch to the Scotmid Co-Op at 6-8 Gallowhill Road, longer opening hours, and improved accessibility. The majority of products and services will still be available.
The proposal will see the current Post Office branch converted to a new local style branch within the Scotmid Co-op. The Post Office is also proposing to extend the opening hours to 06:30-22:00 during the week and 07:00-22:00 on Saturdays and Sundays.
The Post Office would like to hear views on the following:
- How suitable you think the new location and premises are and how easy is it to get there?
- Are the new premises easy for you to get into and is the inside easily accessible?
- Do you have any concerns about the new location?
- If so, do you have any suggestions which could make it better for you?
- Any local community issues which you think could be affected by the proposed move
- Anything you particularly like about the proposed change
The consultation is running from 5 April to 17 May 2013 and correspondence can be sent by post with ‘FREEPOST – Your Comments’ written on the envelope, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or using an online form at www.postofficeviews.co.uk and entering the code for the branch 21385599.
Commenting, Jo said:
“The post office is an integral part of community life and so it is vital that the new service meets local needs.
“I encourage local residents who may be affected by the proposed changes to get involved and take part in the consultation.”
Local News Stories